Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blood On My Tracks Disc 1 Song 3

Track 3. Visions of Johanna

Is this the part where I am supposed to try to actually attempt to comment on Visions of Johanna? A Dylan pillar, a “this is what I hope they dig up 10,000 years from now and judge our artistic culture on.” song, a masterpiece, a just shake your head in disbelief if you’re a songwriter tour de force.

I remember bringing home Time Out of Mind and just thinking to myself (34 at the time of this entry) that I was able to get a new Dylan record with the same potency of stuff like Visions of Johanna.

What it must have been like to bring home Blonde on Blonde and have this one come at you.

Blonde on Blonde is now off the board (slow tear falls for Obviously 5 Believers, Just Like a Woman, Absolutely Sweet Marie, Most Likely You Go Your Way And I’ll Go Mine, I Want You).

No comments:

Post a Comment