Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blood On My Tracks Disc 1 Song 1

Track 1. Jokerman

Yeah I know, looks a little crazy to me too, but the “only one song from an album” caveat is a real challenge. This should not, however, under sell how great this lead off track from 1983’s Infidels is. Mark Knopflified, a little bit of a Reggae groove, and a song out there many believe refers to the man himself, but in his ever elusive way we’re just not sure. It also kicked off the third part of the best live show I have ever been to:

Bob Dylan in Biloxi Mississippi on the 95’ Tour.

After my list was assembled I attempted to arrange the songs in a certain way that gives each disc it's own pace etc.. (Reference John Cusack in High Fidelity about mix tapes here). I like kicking it off with Jokerman.

Infidels is now off the board (slow tear falls for License to Kill).

No comments:

Post a Comment