Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blood On My Tracks Disc 2 Song 10

Track 10. Every Grain of Sand

This song was going to anchor Blood On My Tracks and I knew it from the beginning of the concept. Every Grain of Sand is such a dear sweet friend to me, a relentless comforter. It stays with me on my journey - together through life. It touches my heart, the best parts of me and recalibrates my perspective. The harmonica solo within is the paradigm of beauty for me, it was the music I heard when I first held my daughter.

Like it always has been it was right there with me, just like it is in “my hour of deepest need.” Every Grain of Sand opened up a world of spiritual birth and beauty for me. Through it, this song, I came to an appreciation of awe in something more that what I can simply see or touch and it wasn’t under anyone else’s definition or terms but my own as I reflected on Every Grain of Sand.

Every Grain of Sand connected me with something I believed all along, deep down in there, that there is more to life than meets the eye. It was my initiator for a sense of wonder and I will always be indebted to it for that. I can say with conviction that this song fundamentally changed me, and the way the world looks through my eyes.

I believe a song can do that because Every Grain of Sand did it for me.

Shot of Love is off the board. Slow tear falls for In the Summertime, Property of Jesus, The Groom’s Still Waiting at the Altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment