Friday, May 1, 2009

Blood On My Tracks Summary

Well here it is if you dare to mix this:

Blood On My Tracks


Disc 1

1. Jokerman - Infidels
2. Day of the Locusts – New Morning
3. Visions of Johanna – Blonde on Blonde
4. Blood In My Eyes – World Gone Wrong
5. Red River Shore – Tell Tale Signs
6. A Hard Rain’s A Gonna Fall – The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan
7. True Love Tends To Forget – Street Legal
8. Mr. Tambourine Man – Bringing It All Back Home
9. Desolation Row – Highway 61 Revisited
10. Dark Eyes – Empire Burlesque

Disc 2

1. Tangled Up in Blue – Blood On The Tracks
2. Mississippi – Love and Theft
3. I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine – John Wesley Harding
4. Chimes of Freedom – Another Side of Bob Dylan
5. Oh Sister - Desire
6. Most of the Time – Oh Mercy
7. Not Dark Yet – Time Out of Mind
8. Nettie Moore – Modern Times
9. The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll – The Times They Are a Changin’
10. Every Grain of Sand – Shot of Love

Available albums not used:

Bob Dylan, Nashville Skyline, Self Portrait, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Dylan, Planet Waves, The Basement Tapes, Slow Train Coming, Saved, Knocked Out Loaded, Down in the Groove, Under the Red Sky, The Bootleg Series Vol 1,2,3, Good As I Been to You.

Thoughts:

I was surprised that nothing from the Bootleg series Vol 1,2, and 3 nudged in. This was due to many of my favorite tracks from this collection being above # 10. In that lies the big flaw of this mix, which is that all the songs with track listings 11 and higher are left out. I actually am pretty excited about putting this together to see how it sounds.

Bob’s power 60’s period did flex muscle with Freewheelin, The Times, Another Side, Bringing It All, Highway 61, Blonde on B, and JW Harding making a stretch of 7 straight eligible releases to have a song in the mix. The latter day revival had a four-fer with WG Wrong, Time Out, Love and T, and Modern Times included – remember I did not include Together Through Life as it hasn’t aged enough for fair consideration.

The longest eligible stretch with no songs was only three – Pat Garrett, Dylan, Planet Waves.

So what would your mix look like? I’d love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment